Have you forgotten the password for your Gmail account? This may be because you have not used Gmail for a while or because you use multiple e-mail addresses for your work in daily life. Gmail account password recovery is one of the things you can try to get back into your account.
If you’ve forgotten your Gmail password, you can easily restore it from the Gmail website. You can create a new password for your Gmail account after following the instructions below.
Gmail account password recovery in a few easy steps
Follow the instructions below to reset your Gmail account password and create a new password for your Gmail account so that you can log back in to your Gmail account.
- Go to the Gmail website.
- Choose sign in at the top right of the screen
- It is possible that multiple accounts are displayed. Choose the account whose password you want to recover.
- Choose password recovery.
- Enter the last password that you remember (if you remember one).
- No idea what the password should be, choose try another way.
- When filled in a back-up email address, Gmail will send a verification code to that address.
- If you do not recognize the account or perhaps do not remember the details, you can again choose try another way.
- When a backup phone number has been entered, Gmail will send a verification code to it.
- Still no idea? Choose try another way again. Google will ask to answer the secret question.
- No idea what the secret question is? No problem, as one of the last possibilities Gmail asks when the account has been created.
- The last option is to leave an email address for Gmail so that they can contact you later.
As you can see Gmail offers a lot of options for Gmail account password recovery. When it happens more often that a password has been forgotten, it might be an idea to use a program for this that helps to remember all your passwords.